Terms of service
Welcome to Purpose Bay!
Disclaimer and Terms and Conditions
Purpose Bay provides its services (described below) to you through its website located at purposebay.com (the “Site”) and through its mobile applications and related services (collectively, such services, including any new features and applications, and the Site, the “Service(s)”), subject to the following Terms of Service (the “Terms of Service”). PLEASE READ THESE TERMS OF SERVICE CAREFULLY, AS THEY GOVERN YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND SERVICES, WHICH AFFECTS YOUR RIGHTS IN THE EVENT OF A DISPUTE BETWEEN US.
1. You understand and agree that you are responsible for creating and implementing your own physical, mental and emotional well-being, decisions, choices, actions and results. As such, you agree that Purpose Bay is not and will not be liable for any actions or inaction, or for any direct or indirect result of any services provided.
2. You understand that coaching is not therapy and does not substitute for therapy if needed, and does not prevent, cure, or treat any mental disorder or medical disease.
3. You understand that coaching is not to be used as a substitute for professional advice by legal, mental, medical or other qualified professionals and will seek independent professional guidance for such matters. If you are currently under the care of a mental health professional, Purpose Bay will recommend that you inform the mental health care provider and this will necessitate a referral letter from your health care provider.
4. You understand that all comments and ideas offered by Purpose Bay are solely for the purpose of aiding you in achieving the defined goals created with your coach. You have the ability to give your informed consent, and hereby give such consent to Purpose Bay to assist you in achieving such goals and understand that results are not guaranteed. You understand that to the extent our work together involves career or business, Purpose Bay is not promising outcomes included but not limited to increased clientele, profitability and or business success.
5. You understand that Purpose Bay will protect your information as confidential unless you state otherwise in writing. If you report child, elder abuse or neglect or threaten to harm yourself or someone else, you understand that necessary actions will be taken and your confidentiality agreement limited in this capacity. Furthermore, if Purpose Bay is ordered by a court to provide information or to testify, it will do so to the extent the law requires.
6. You understand that the use of technology is not always secure and you accept the risks of confidentiality in the use of email, text, phone, Skype and other technology.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. OUR responsibility is to provide content, insight, tools, wisdom, framework, ideas, and feedback. YOUR responsibility is to move from awareness to action and accountability. Our coaching platform provides many structures for you to meet your individual and organizational goals. Remarkable results can be achieved where clients follow a clear plan in a committed way. However, the client has sole responsibility for taking important decisions in their life or business. Purpose Bay has no liability for any loss incurred by any client, whether financial or otherwise, following commencement of coaching sessions, or for any perceived failure by the client, whether justified or otherwise, to achieve a material improvement in quality of life or business or to achieve their desired outcomes or goals.
2. You agree to communicate honestly, be open to feedback and assistance and create the time and energy to participate fully in the program.
3. The individual or group coaching schedule will be arranged between Purpose Bay and the client and can be booked up to two (2) months in advance. The number and frequency of coaching sessions will be agreed at the start of coaching between Purpose Bay and the client, and confirmed by Purpose Bay by email.
4. The date that the first coaching session takes place or online course registration is completed shall be deemed to be the start date for the service. Participation by any individual in the first coaching session constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
5. The time for one-on-one individual or group coaching sessions and/or online location will be determined by Purpose Bay and based on a mutually agreed upon time. The Client will initiate all scheduled calls via Skype (client calls coach); telephone coaching sessions (client calls coach); or other format where such is agreed. Unless otherwise agreed, for Skype and telephone sessions the client is responsible for contacting Purpose Bay at agreed times. Purpose Bay is responsible for ensuring that the coach is available for consultation at agreed times.
6. Client agrees that it is the Client’s responsibility to notify the Coach at least 24 hours in advance of the scheduled individual or group calls/meetings if the client cannot make the session. The client will be billed for a missed session if the client does not turn up or reschedule. The coach will wait for 15 minutes, before the client is noted as not turning up for the session.
7. Fees are in accordance with Purpose Bay’s current per session or course fee or fee for a programme of sessions, or any other such fee as shall be agreed and notified to the client. Stipulated fees are payable in advance, where payment has not been received by Purpose Bay in advance of a coaching session, Purpose Bay is not obliged to provide the session. Additional coaching can also be provided between sessions but there will be an additional charge for this. Purpose Bay will always advise a client in advance if the nature of a client’s contact is likely to incur an additional charge and no such charges will be imposed without the client’s agreement.
8. Personal information or business information supplied by clients during one-on-one individual or group coaching sessions will be treated as confidential. It will not be disclosed to a third party without the client’s prior permission, except where required by law or where action might be necessary to prevent harm to the client or someone else.
9. You may never use another’s account, and you may not provide another person with your user credentials to access your online course account. You are fully responsible for any and all activities that occur under your password or account, and it is your responsibility to ensure that your password remains confidential and secure. You agree to (a) immediately notify Purpose Bay of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session when accessing the Service. Purpose Bay will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Section.
10. Completing our coaching relationship is a mutual decision. While our retention rate is very high, there may come a time when you determine that it is time to complete our coaching relationship. If and when that time comes, you are entitled to a full refund for the individual and group coaching sessions, if you withdraw within the first seven (7) days of signing up. Conversely, If you decide to withdraw from the program after the first seven (7) days, there will be no refund. Purpose Bay requires withdrawal notice in writing prior to the service taking place. Any notice received after the service has been provided will not be eligible for a refund.
If at any time you feel that you are not getting the support, honesty, coaching, or training that you expect, then you need to let us know.
Unfortunately we don’t offer refunds for the online courses after your unique credentials to access the course have been provided.
Purpose Bay in its sole discretion, may suspend or terminate your account (or any part thereof) or use of the Service and remove and discard any content within the Service, for any reason, including, without limitation, for lack of use or if Purpose Bay believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of these Terms of Service. Any suspected fraudulent, abusive or illegal activity that may be grounds for termination of your use of Service, may be referred to appropriate law enforcement authorities. Purpose Bay may also in its sole discretion and at any time discontinue providing the Service, or any part thereof, with or without notice. You agree that any termination of your access to the Service under any provision of this Terms of Service may be effected without prior notice, and acknowledge and agree that Purpose Bay may immediately deactivate or delete your account and all related information and files in your account and/or bar any further access to such files or the Service.
Further, you agree that Purpose Bay will not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your access to the individual, group or online course coaching services.
11. The Service may provide, or third parties may provide, links or other access to other sites and resources on the Internet. Purpose Bay has no control over such sites and resources and Purpose Bay is not responsible for and does not endorse such sites and resources. You further acknowledge and agree that Purpose Bay will not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any content, events, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource. Any dealings you have with third parties found while using the Service are between you and the third party, and you agree that Purpose Bay is not liable for any loss or claim that you may have against any such third party.
12. Under no circumstances will Purpose Bay be liable in any way for any content or materials of any third parties (including users), including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any such content. You acknowledge that Purpose Bay will have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any content that is available via the Service. Purpose Bay and its designees will have the right to remove any content that violates these Terms of Service. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such content.
13. Purpose Bay service, and any content viewed through our service, is solely for your personal and non-commercial use. We grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, license to access the Purpose Bay online content and view your course(s) through the service on a streaming-only basis for that purpose. You agree not to use the service for public performances. Purpose Bay may revoke your license at any time in its sole discretion. Upon such revocation, you must promptly destroy all content downloaded or otherwise obtained through the service, as well as copies of such materials, whether made in accordance with these Terms of Service or otherwise.
This is the entire agreement of the parties, and reflects a complete understanding of the parties with respect to the subject matter. This agreement supersedes all prior written and oral representations.